Unattended install of Windows Server 2008 from Compact Flash or SDHC card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unattended install of Windows Server 2008 from Compact Flash or SDHC card

Hi, I'm trying to create an unattended installation media with a compact flash or SDHC card attached with a SATA convertor on an HP ML110 G6. I can install from a Transcend Compact Flash but the install grabs the card as the system drive. I need this to remain an installation media not part of the boot process.

I read that a system partition won't be created on a FAT32 partition so I formatted the Compact Flash as FAT32 - it still set it as the system partition. I set the compact flash disk and volume to read only, but then the install failed as it couldn't find or create a system partition.

I can't install from the SanDisk SDHC 4gb card at all - it's not listed as a hard drive and if it does get found if I flatten the hard drives, i just get a flashing cursor at the top left corner then the boot process tries to look through PXE. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 as the filesystem.

I have successfully created an unattended install with USB, but I need the install media to be inside the box and not using up a USB slot.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Unattended install of Windows Server 2008 from Compact Flash or SDHC card

Hi,

may i know what are you trying to achive.

besides you can use wds (windows deployment services)
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Re: Unattended install of Windows Server 2008 from Compact Flash or SDHC card

Not sure if this help but seeing as Win 7 and Server 2008 are based on the same code it may work.

http://thelazyadmin.com/blogs/thelaz...-sd-media.aspx

Also are you loading the correct SCSI, SATA, SAS drivers so that Windows see's the drives???

Comment

Working...
      X