Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Install

Hello,

We have installed windows server 2008 R2 Std Edition and we have install 8 network printer in our server. Now when I am opening devices and printers windows it taking almost 3 minutes to open the window.

Also, If I 2 printers from those printer, and when again I open the windows, I can see those 2 printers appear again automatically.

I even restart the spooler service manually but it makes no major difference.

What could be the issue..please suggest..

Thank you..

Originally posted by kathy
    Also, If I 2 printers from those printer, and when again I open the windows, I can see those 2 printers appear again automatically.
    Something is missing in this sentence as it doesn't make sense to me.

Kathy, 485 posts, you should know by now that you haven't supplied nearly enough information about your problem. Please expand on the ones I have asked below.

What printers have you installed?
    Is the network a Domain or a Workgroup?
    If Domain, is the Server a Standalone or a DC?
    Have you installed the Print and Document Services role? (think that is what it is called)
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hello Bigless77,

Thank you for your quick reply..

I apologies for providing the limited information...

1. We have a domain called. abc.com
      2. We have 30 desktop system in our domain, including windows 7 and windows 10 OS.
      3. We have multiple printers installed on our server as a network printer. Brother -DCP 2360, and about 10 more printers. Majority of them are network printer, directly installed using the IP on my server. One printer is connected directly to the Windows 7 desktop and it is directly attached to laptop and that is installed on server using ( \\john-pc\printer-name )

Now, earlier we were using samsung network printer but now we are not using those printers , so I have deleted those printers from devices and printers window and now when i restart the server, those printers appears again,...what could be the reason and how to solve this..

Thank you,...

Comment

How are you deploying the printers to the machines - GPP or a GP via the printing role?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello,

I am installing manually, browse the pc using (\\computer_name\printer_name ) and then click connect. When it ask for the drive, i provide the driver. Also, for few network printers, I follow the wizard even coming with installation setup and choose the network printer.

Thanks..

Comment

How to install print device on a Domain.

If it is a non networked printer then you can install it via a login script which can also be deployed from a GPO.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hello,

You mean to say, whenever user login the printer will install automatically everytime.. is it true ? but will this be helpful for reduce the time , when user is opening the devices and printers window..

Thanks

Comment

Ok, I only put the install via a script as an option. You really should install them using a GPO / GPP as it is a lot easier to do. Click on the link in Post #6 above and learn how to do it. This method has been around for a long time now and frankly it should be the first choice for deploying printers.

This article is fairly straight forward.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X