Windows Explorer Stuck Loading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Explorer Stuck Loading

The other day the RAID on my iSCSI SAN failed and I had a DR situation. The good news is that my DR plan worked successfully and no data was lost.

Ever since I replaced the dead drives and reconfigured the SAN, my server and all the client computers are having the same issue. The servers are Windows Server 2008R2 and all of the client computers are Windows 7.

Half of the time any of the computers go to "my computer", it sits there loading and does nothing. The strange part is that if I close and open another windows explorer, it will load perfectly fine the next time. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Computer.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	511013

"half the time"? Can you see any pattern to when it works and when it doesn't?
    How long have you waited?
    Anything in event logs?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      "half the time"? Can you see any pattern to when it works and when it doesn't?
      Not really. The only pattern I could possibly find is that when it works,you can open as many windows explorers as you want and they all work. It seems like when you haven't opened Windows Explorer for a while, it starts happening more frequently. I could be suffering from confirmation bias here but if there is a pattern, it would be this.

How long have you waited?
      A long time, I still have the windows explorer window open since I took that screenshot above and it's still showing the same thing

Anything in event logs?
      Sadly, no.

Comment

Working...
      X