Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for TMG 2010 Setup

Some expert advice on what to do.

Machine : 2 ( for TGM 2010 and Domain Controller)
    Software : TMG 2010 Enterpise
    Workstations : 50 Users

Can anyone suggest me if i am on the right track. I install separate TGM 2010 to Dell Edge server with two NIC one for the LAN and other for WAN. The other machine I plan to configure as DC.
    Is it necessary to add DHCP, DNS, WPAD, AC on this machine? Can anyone advice me what to do?

WHat are you trying to achieve? (Is this for training or an operational setup?)
    DNS will come with AD unless you go out of your way not to have it, and I normally put DHCP on the same box for ease (Yes, I know there are security risks, but relatively minor)
    By AC, do you mean AD? If so, it will come on a DC anyway.

WPAD could be on the TMG box, and might be better security if it is
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Its for operational with 50+ client users. Server 1 - windows 2008 R2 Enterprise ( Domain Server, DHCP, AD and DNS) While server 2 - Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (TMG 2010 Only) With two NIC. If the wpad could be in server 2 together with TMG 2010 how can i do it?

I done ISA 2004 on Windows Server 2003 with DC, DHCP, AD, DNS, WPAD and exchange in it. Only ISA 2004 in other box.

Comment

Working...
      X