Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow Internet Access to Domain Users Only!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow Internet Access to Domain Users Only!

Hello,
    We have internet connection in our corporation, but this internet is accessble to everyone. I want to make only authenticated users on the AD DS to be able to access the Internet.The other users who are in workgroup shouldn't access to the Internet (browsing). Another question is how to disable adults website, the easiest way?
    Thanks

You will need either some form of proxy server (Microsoft Forefront TMG or ISA used to do all you want, but neither are available any more) or a router supporting RADIUS authentication.
    A final possibility would be NAP (Network Access Protection) for your DHCP server, so it only issues an external gateway to domain members - I'm not sure if this is one of the supported options, though.

What is the business case for
    a) having a workgroup at all
    b) preventing internet access?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I like Watchguard firewalls. They can integrate with AD and require authentication to access the web. They also have a subscription service for content filtering. There's a ton of other features too. Been using then for over 8 years and I still find them to be more capable and easier to use than ASA, SonicWall, and most others that I also have to deal with. Most business class firewalls can do all or some of what you're looking for and I generally like the network approach better than installing software on each computer for content filtering.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
      X