Server Backup and shrinking a volume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Backup and shrinking a volume

Disk 0. I'm guessing that if I shrink a volume to give more space to another volume, Windows Server Backup will reset? If I retire the current external drive and move to a new one; is the data from the old one easily accessible? I've put this off for a while but I'd like to reclaim some of the space if possible. Thanks for your time - it's much appreciated.

Sorry, I really don't understand what you are asking
    Do you mean:
    If I shrink a volume, then restore from a backup before the shrink, what happens to the volume size? - answer - not a clue, but I suspect unless it is a BMR, the new size will be retained
    If you mean something else, please explain more clearly
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I don't mean restore a volume. What I mean is this: AFAIK, if you change the physical attributes of a volume which is already being backed up by Windows Server Backup in 2008R2, the backup disk resets. You lose all your old backups.

Comment

Working...
      X