No announcement yet.

RD-Gateway stops working after server-reboot

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD-Gateway stops working after server-reboot

Hi guys and girls.

I've tried to search the net for an answer but struggle to find any info on this.

We've renewed SSL certificate from godaddy for our one-domain RD-Gateway.

I downloaded IIS-certs and imported to the Computer/Personal, and IIS(complete the request.., choose all files and import)

Added to the RD-Gateway manager and restarted the services as prompted.

Tested the gateway from away-location - all good.

the server is scheduled to reboot every night/morning, so next day I got a call stating that RDGW does not work...

I logged onto the server and checked the services, logs, all good..

I chose the old cert from RDGW and restarted services as prompted and all good again..(old cert is yet valid for about 2 weeks)

Yesterday I spent 2 hours troubleshooting this.

-rebooting server works with old cert but not new

so I thought it could be that both are present with same name and removed old-one completely.

check around and removed old cert from wrong locations like intermediate, and user/personal, probably placed there by mistake.

rebooted with new cert, no joy.

I removed the new cert completely and readded it again within IIS and added to RDGW, reload ok, reboot, not good...

the evenviewer does not say anything, no problems at all,

it just stops responding with erros message that it could not contact remote computer. I think it was this: "Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because an error occurred on the remote computer that you want to connect to. Contact your network administrator for assistance."

server: 2008 R2

client: Windows 10 Pro 64(or any other I assume)

many thanks in advance.

Did you bind the new cert to HTTPS in IIS??