Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Server problem

Hello,
    I have a SBS 2008 that was running fine.
    Overnight the server rebooted and since the reboot I have several services that are not started. Mainly the DNS server and all exchange services and even log service.
    I tried to start the DNS server service and I got RPC unavailable error 1722.
    Please help, not sure what happened.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried a clean shutdown and reboot? (this solves many problems)
    ALso why did the server reboot - patches?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I did restart many times , did not resolve it.
      the RPC service is running on the server, I am able to remotely login to it but cannot brwose the internet or intranet.
      I cannot ping any site or ip address.
      DNS Server, DHCP server, all exchange services and event log are down and won't start. mainly saying RPC is unvailable.

Thanks

Comment

How are the DNS client settings on the server configured?

Comment

if this is Also is a Domain Controller, check if its logs for any problems.

I assume you also got another DC for same domain, check if both are configured correctly and point to eachother for DNS-lookup..

Comment

Originally posted by ttohme View Post
            Hello,
            I have a SBS 2008 that was running fine.
            Overnight the server rebooted and since the reboot I have several services that are not started. Mainly the DNS server and all exchange services and even log service.
            I tried to start the DNS server service and I got RPC unavailable error 1722.
            Please help, not sure what happened.

Thanks in advance
            What does the event log say?
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X