How to create domain, host and deploy website on windows server 2008 r2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create domain, host and deploy website on windows server 2008 r2

I have a old computer on which i have setup windows server 2008 r2 on it. I have successfully installed IIS server and placed the new site on it.

I have brought a static ip from my isp which i have wrote on TCP/Ip and enabled port 80 on my pc as well on my router.

My main question is : I want my own domain and i dont want to buy anything from world whether its a hosting plan or a domain or anything.

I dont mind if its expensive i want to know from Step 1 to ...

I would really appreciate if someone can guide me with the complete process from host to deploy the website on windows server 2008 r2.

How to host your own domain

1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You need to buy your domain name - as you say, no need to purchase web hosting etc., but you need to make sure that your provider allows you to configure the DNS records. DNS records tell computers how to connect to different types of resources for a particular domain. Learn about A records and PTR records and DNS in general. If you will hosting your own website from a personal computer and you have a static IP address, that IP address needs to be used in your www A records. Read up about it first before instigating it and read through the info provided from biggles77's link.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
        You need to buy your domain name - as you say, no need to purchase web hosting etc., but you need to make sure that your provider allows you to configure the DNS records. DNS records tell computers how to connect to different types of resources for a particular domain. Learn about A records and PTR records and DNS in general. If you will hosting your own website from a personal computer and you have a static IP address, that IP address needs to be used in your www A records. Read up about it first before instigating it and read through the info provided from biggles77's link.

Well technically, if he doesn't want to use a "real" domain name, he can also use one of the free DNS naming services using a subdomain. No?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post

Well technically, if he doesn't want to use a "real" domain name, he can also use one of the free DNS naming services using a subdomain. No?
          Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought urgenthelpneeded implied that they did not want web hosting services and all the fluff that is often offered when all you want is ownership of a domain name.

In my (limited) experience free names are fine, but you still have to use .wix etc in your name unless you pay. Similarly, the option to have granular control comes with a price. But, my experience with this is limited to managing the 8 domain names I manage for our company, all of which we have purchased, and my experience with free domain names is limited to helping out a couple of friends who use these services.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
          X