Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NETLOGON not available for Xenapp (6.5) server running 2k8R ENTSP1(VM)on ESXi 5.1U3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NETLOGON not available for Xenapp (6.5) server running 2k8R ENTSP1(VM)on ESXi 5.1U3

Hi All,

I have a windows server 2008 R2 ENT SP1 and it is xenapp 6.5 application. There are few application installed on this xenapp server and users access them remotely. With this server we are getting NETLOGON error’s

Log Name: System
    Source: NETLOGON
    Date: 2016/7/1 6:39:22
    Event ID: 5719
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxxxxxxxx.domain.local
    Description:
    This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain TEST due to the following:
    The RPC server is unavailable.
    This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

ADDITIONAL INFO
    If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain controller in the specified domain.

With this error we also get TCPIP event as well

Log Name: System
    Source: Tcpip
    Date: 2016/7/1 6:39:22
    Event ID: 4227
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxxxxxxxx.domain.local
    Description:
    TCP/IP failed to establish an outgoing connection because the selected local endpoint was recently used to connect to the same remote endpoint. This error typically occurs when outgoing connections are opened and closed at a high rate, causing all available local ports to be used and forcing TCP/IP to reuse a local port for an outgoing connection. To minimize the risk of data corruption, the TCP/IP standard requires a minimum time period to elapse between successive connections from a given local endpoint to a given remote endpoint.

We have another Xenapp server with the same configuration and it does not have any of the above messages/event/errors. These are VM’s running on ESXi 5.1 U3.

I was checking for solutions for event TCPIP event id 4227 and found https://theregime.wordpress.com/2013...event-id-4227/ >>>>> the port number on the server come up as

Protocol tcp Dynamic Port Range
    ---------------------------------
    Start Port : 49152
    Number of Ports : 16384

Protocol udp Dynamic Port Range
    ---------------------------------
    Start Port : 49152
    Number of Ports : 16384

The issue comes up as NETLOGON failed for the server and no one is able to access the server – we then need to reboot the server to fix it.

there are plenty of ports on the server ...... So I am left with fix 2 which is decreasing the value for the port # to be release. Is event id 4227 and 5719 (above errors) inter related?

Any other suggestion that I can follow to fix this issue

Thanks in advance
Working...
X