X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want free or paid to recover the Access database

Hi Everyone,
    Can anyone advise on the best Free or paid MS Access Database repair tool
    I have a database that has become corrupt and will not repair through the normal repair on opening with access.

OK, usual warning to any "one post wonders" who just happen to know a paid solution and join the forum to tell us about it - you WILL be banned as a spammer.

EeroHukkanen - tell us a bit more about the issue, starting with the version of Access and a bit more about the database (front end/back end?) and how it got corrupted
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have found that occasionally opening the database with a different version of Access will "fix" the problem. So, if you are working in A2010, try opening with A2007 or A2013. If it is an .mdb file, try A2003. I had a database in .mdb format that seemed to corrupt on alternate Tuesdays if the sky was clear. We normally used A2010 to open it but we had some old computers around and opening it in A2003 frequently fixed the problem. Of course, you have no options if you are using features available in only a single version.
      Perhaps this topic is on the Microsoft something to help. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...rum=outlookdev
      Last edited by Graversen; 21st June 2016, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Graversen View Post
        Perhaps this topic is on the Microsoft something to help. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...rum=outlookdev
        I doubt it - Exchange is a totally different product to Access
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Comment

It would be nice (and helpful to future readers) if you were to tell us HOW you solved it
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by EeroHukkanen View Post
              Hi Everyone,
              Can anyone advise on the best Free or paid MS Access Database repair tool
              I have a database that has become corrupt and will not repair through the normal repair on opening with access.
              What normal repair you're talking about? If you haven't tried Compact and Repair utility yet, you should try it once. Microsoft also provides JetComp.exe to fix corrupt Access database file, you can try it as well. There's one more thing you can try here. You can import corrupt database into a new database file. You can find the detailed information in this blog post [MOD EDIT - some people never learn]

Regards.
              Last edited by Ossian; 10th January 2017, 12:34.

Comment

Working...
              X