Server 2008 r2, no desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2008 r2, no desktop

Greetings all, something very unusual going on. I tried to rdp to my print server (windows 2008 r2 server std) I have domain level access, i get the login screen i login and then my desktop shows nothing and is blue?? I can get in in safe mode no issues. I try another account same issue. It is my print server and my staff can print. I have rebooted about 8 times and still same issues.

I tired this article but it didnt work https://social.technet.microsoft.com...um=winserverTS

i also found this hotfix but the server already has sp1 installed https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2590550

i also removed by account through safe mode, and then logged back in thinking its a enw account, but still same issue light blue screen with no desktop.

I have also tried rdp by ip and i get the same issue.

anyone come across this issue and what did you do to fix it??

Thanks
    Jk
    Last edited by jknipper; 26th May 2016, 01:29.

Have you tried logging in and leaving it overnight to see if the Desktop appears?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Blood. I just went and checked it and it was at a login screen. So i logged in and its still a light blue screen no desktop. I am going to let it sit for a couple hours and then check it. Ill report back later today with the outcome. Thanks again for replying.

Comment

I've read (several years ago), about servers taking hours to boot up/desktops to appear. The key was patience. I would log in today and then check it tomorrow.

Comment

So this morning after keeping my account logged in for over 16 hours and i still have a light blue screen and no desktop. Wishing 2008 svr had a restore point..UGh.. still have this issue...anyone ever have this issue and a fix for it?

Thanks
          JK

Comment

Have you tried repairing the system from installation media?

Comment

Pretty sure we had this issue and couldn't find a fix for it. Final outcome was a rebuild.

I presume you have removed your profile and rebuilt it by logging in again?

Comment

Working...
              X