No announcement yet.

dfs working but no replication

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dfs working but no replication

I am trying dfs lab at home .I am using hyper-v. The dfs is working fine,Atleast I am assuming it is working fine because when I try to reach shared folder with \\domainname\namespace\data folder, it works fine,though took me to only txt file on one server. The problem Is I waited for almost hour,and the replication did not occur between 2 folders on different servers. Both have dfs installled.I did it manually,it says successfully resuming normal replication or something like that on doing manual replication. But the replication of folders with one another is not happening. I am not doing anything wrong I guess. I made data folder to namespace and added data1 and data2 folders as target folders. Can someone please help understand why dfs browsing to folder with \\domainname\namespace\data is working,but the replication has not happened?

thank you

Re: dfs working but no replication

Confirm you have set up replication and the schedule is all day
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: dfs working but no replication

ok the problem got solved automatically once after 24 hours.Seems system makes some system enteries which take time for dfs replication to start. now after leaving computer for 24 hours,now its working automatically whereas before even after set up of dfs and after 2 hours,nothing happened,so patience is the key here it was giving that replication partner is not reachable, but I was able to ping and everything was working fine,microsoft knowledge base says give it 8 hours and it will solve itself

thanks for efforts
      Last edited by pgtech77; 25th September 2010, 11:27.