Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 R2 Terminal server - no logon servers available to process request

Hello,

I have two 2008 R2 RDS/Terminal Servers on our 2003 Domain that are having issues with users being able to login to them after a couple hours of being operational.

Everyone can log in, and all of a sudden the TS server loses its connection with Active Directory - we get a "There are no logon servers available to complete this request". running NET VIEW and browsing file shares also dies.

I can still ping servers by DNS name and IP while this is happening. I do notice in the event logs that Group policy can no longer locate a Domain Controller.

I've tried disabling IPV6, restarting NETLOGON, enabling Network Discovery, enabling NETBIOS over TCP/IP. Still no luck.

We have a 2003, 2008ent, and a 2008R2 domain controller. Again this is still on a 2003 domain.

What could be causing the servers to lose connectivity to the DC's? All other 2003 TS machines work fine. The only thing that seems to fix it is rebooting the machine.

Not sure where to go at this point, as it seems only applicable to the 2008 R2 machines on our network.....so I'm wondering if it doesn't like the 2003 DC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 2008 R2 Terminal server - no logon servers available to process request

Just a quick question does the TS box run trend av?
    Allen White
    MCSE,MCSA,MCITP,MCTS,CCA,CCSP,VCP

Comment

Originally posted by Allenwhite78 View Post
      Just a quick question does the TS box run trend av?
      Nope there is no AV or Firewall on these machines.

Comment

Does the RDS Server have multiple NIC's? if so how are they configured? also is this a physical or virtual machine?
        Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog - wiredtek.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by wiredteknologies View Post
          Does the RDS Server have multiple NIC's? if so how are they configured? also is this a physical or virtual machine?
          Single Nics, the servers in question are virtual.

Comment

Have you tried Netdiag/DCDIAG?
            Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog - wiredtek.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
            X