Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KMS Problems on server 2008

Hi

i have a kms host installed on server 2008 (not r2)

im using it to license about 150 windows 7 comps.

it is well patched and everything is in place including the right serial key, the dns record and events are generated both on the host and the clients

i have about 50 computers online that tries to get licensed and keeps getting the "The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The count reported by your Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient. Please contact your system administrator. "

all the computers are requesting license and the server responds and logs those requests but still no go

no other logs recorded

those are sysprep computers windows 7 professional

any help ? im desperate

thanks

Re: KMS Problems on server 2008

Given the scale and impact of the problem, this may be one where it is best to contact MS Product Support Services directly and have them handle it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: KMS Problems on server 2008

Have you seen KB938450? Although you have more than 25 computers, but I would check the article for other relevant issues...
      On the KMS server's side, have you checked it's console? How many clients do you see there?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X