Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RemoteApps from internet

Hi,

I have Windows Server 2008 R2 and I want to share some apps to external users.

Where I can find good tutorials how to implement this?

Re: RemoteApps from internet

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=

Thank you,
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I can use google too

I have read MS Technet but I'm not sure what is the thing Iäm looking for.

I want to make few programs accessible from the internet.

I can find some tutorials but they are for server 2008, not R2. Will they differ much?

Is the answer Remote Desktop Web Access? I want just send a RDP file with email and user can start a program with just clicking this rdp-file and entering credentials.

Comment

Specific to your exact situation (now we have slightly fuller details):
        http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc772415.aspx
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I just cannot get this to work

I can get remoteapps run inside internal network, but it's unclear to me how to configure RD Gateway to allow access from internet.

Do I need a valid SSL certificate or can i use self-signed? All RD roles are on the same server. Domain Controller is on separate server.

Edit:

Got it working. At least i understand how to connect from outside of internal network. Just modify the RDP-gateway address in RDP-file. Very very simple, but now the problem the certificate. I'm getting this error: "Terminal Services Gateway address requested and the certificate subject name do not match" and connection terminates.
          Last edited by Justin Credible; 17th August 2010, 17:48.

Comment

Solved that too. Is it possible to use this remote app gateway with only public ip address? I dont have resolvable name what i can use in certificate.

Comment

Everything working as i wanted. Thanks for the help folks!

Configuring RD Gateway and RemoteApps is pretty simple operation afterwards. I was maybe too lazy to read all the documentation and that maked everything much much harder

Comment

Ah yes -- RTFM -- it never fails

Any myths that IT people do not read manuals are false -- we just do not get caught

Well done!
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X