No announcement yet.

Terminal Services Profiles

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Services Profiles

Hi, I want to have 2 sets of default profiles for customised start menu's etc in a terminal services environment to hide some applications from 1 user group and allow the other to see them.

The terminal server is 2008 R2.

I thought that the best way would have been 2 madatory profiles set in the profiles in users/computers but I cant get mandatory profiles working following 2 guides.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to achieve this?

Re: Terminal Services Profiles

What help did you use? It's pretty straight forward and a very simple overview can be found at ;

I know it says Xenapp, but this is just the mandatory profile that they guy is creating.
    Steven Roberts
    IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Re: Terminal Services Profiles

I've had some experience working with mandatory profiles in 2008 R2.
      I attach the mandatory profile through Remote Desktop Users - Properties - Remote Desktop Services Profile.
      I assume you could also create two separate groups- add the profile to the group - and then add users as needed to the group. But don't quote me on that, have not tried it.
      What problems are you experiencing when you try to create the profiles?