Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technet subscription - testing evaluating server OS

Dear

I am looking for a cheap way to test server OS in test environment. Win2008 Win2008R2. Later on maybe also other Microsoft products (virtualisation, ...)
    I think technet subscription covers this material. Is anyone familiar with this. When i have a Technet Subscription Professional it should be possible to download server OS software to use in test environments without having to deal evaluation periods?

regards

Bert

Re: Technet subscription - testing evaluating server OS

Correct -- Technet Plus gives you full licenses for almost all MS products (except development tools) for testing and evaluation only -- not commercial use
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks!

Is there also a possibility to use "test" licences for 1 product for a smaller price. For example if I only want to test with Windows 2008 Server and Windows 2008 R2 Server.

With the professional subscription you pay about 262. To test 1 product it is still rather expensive.

Rgds

Bert

Comment

Depending on how long you want to test I think you get 30 days before you need to activate.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

There are some 180 day evaluation versions around too, and MS do Virtual versions of some servers for testing

But IMHO you are getting amazing value for money with Technet Plus -- about 200 separate products
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X