No announcement yet.

Static website To Access Via Internet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static website To Access Via Internet.

I have a linksys router wrtg54 and a d-link modem. i have a dhcp enabled because of which i have setup a static ip address which is 192.168.192.109 and subnet 255.255.255.0 and kept the router default gateway and automatically get the dns..
    After installing the windows server 2008 r2 on my system i have installed the Active Directory and dns because of which automatically dns is assigned 127.0.0.1 didnt changed any thing kept as it is.
    Now i have created a new directory in my drive and a folder named wwwroot and kept my html static file in it.
    Installed Web Server IIS and added a website configured all the details.
    Whenever i ping 192.168.192.109 from network computer i get the response but when i ping www.domain.com i dont see the response ??
    i have setup my linksys router wrtg54 and did port forwarded 80 too as well on my windows server 2008 r2.

IIS always show localhost of default iis 7. not my domain.

P.S:I want to make my static website on internet .Till now i have configured everything .What am i missing?

Looking forward for a positive reply.

Is your AD domain named "domain.com" or something else?

Have you forwarded Port 80 on your router to 192.168.192.109?

Have you edited the default web site on IIS to point it to your static page?

Do the last, then check internally you can browse to the IP address and get your page, then work on the others
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by urgenthelpneeded View Post
      Whenever i ping 192.168.192.109 from network computer i get the response but when i ping www.domain.com i dont see the response ??
      Make sure your network computer points to the IP address of your domain controller for DNS
      make sure you have created a DNS A record for www.domain.com

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Is your AD domain named "domain.com" or something else?

Have you forwarded Port 80 on your router to 192.168.192.109?

Have you edited the default web site on IIS to point it to your static page?

Do the last, then check internally you can browse to the IP address and get your page, then work on the others

First of all thanks for your reply.

1) i have forwarded my from my server to my router and right now i have also did the same on my d--link modem.
        2) No i havent touched the default website on IIS to point to my static webpage.but currently i added another ipv4 address on my server and gave the ip to default website on IIS now my static website ip is 192.168.192.109 and IIS default website ip is 192.168.192.120

when i ping 192.168.192.109 it responses so does www.xyz.com but when i write on chrome 192.168.192.109 it doesnt reponse i manually have to go in IIS and click on browse to view it? can you can guide me why that is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post

Make sure your network computer points to the IP address of your domain controller for DNS
          make sure you have created a DNS A record for www.domain.com

Thanks for your reply.

I dint understood what you said regarding the network computer points to the ip address of my domain controller for dns?
          I have seen couple of videos to setup forward dns and i have done that. I hope you are asking me regarding that question for creating DNS a record?

Comment

Let's focus on getting your website displaying internally, before we worry about making it accessible to the internet.

from your local computer, could you please paste me the output of "ping domain.com" and "ping www.domain.com"
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Right now i deleted Ad,Dns,Dhcp completely and now i can access my website on local network but cant accesd my website from external ip address nor 80 is opening as i have checked my windows firewall inbound setting + router and modem (port forwarding setting)

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
              Let's focus on getting your website displaying internally, before we worry about making it accessible to the internet.

from your local computer, could you please paste me the output of "ping domain.com" and "ping www.domain.com"

Comment

Working...
              X