Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Users login / logout reports

Hi ,

we are using Windows server 2008 , it has around 200 users in AD. Now we need one report , when users are logging in to their systems in the morning and when they are loggig off from the AD.

I search on the google and found some vbscript but I would like to know some open source program , which can provide us good user friendly report in excel file.Also I would like to implement the same logging in logging out time inside the lync messenger too.

You can suggest any third party tool as well as any open source too.

Thanks

Hi ,

I found some information on MS site about this script can help but want to know , where to run this script and how to run this script , do i need to create the vb script or the batch file will be fine...

Echo off

echo [%date% %time%] >>\\server\share\logon.log

echo %username% log on %computername% to damain: %userdomain% >>\\server\share\logon.log

Thanks

Comment

That appears to be a fairly basic cmd script (batch file script) which you could deploy as a logon/logoff script via a GPO

Surely you have enough knowledge of scripting to recognise it? If not, I strongly recommend every IT administrator gains (purely for self defence) a decent knowledge of cmd scripts and powershell
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X