Internet Problem on 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Problem on 2008

I have server 2008 standard edition in my office. on server if i configure Lancard with Default gateway & DNS then it wont work but if i use same settings on my nodes it works fine what is exact problem? Following are IP Settings on Server & Node.

Server) IP 192.168.0.2
    Subnet 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.0.1
    DNS 192.168.0.1

Node) IP 192.168.0.4
    Subnet 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.0.1
    DNS 192.168.0.1

What is exact problem I can ping to 192.168.0.1 my router.

Re: Internet Problem on 2008

With the information we have, we can't really make a diagnosis.

First question: is this server a DC? If so, it should point to itself for DNS (assuming it has DNS installed).
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

What exactly "won't work"?

Post results of an IPCONFIG/ALL on both server and a (working) client
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Assuming you are not running DNS on your Server, does the Router have the ISPs DNS IPs entered in it.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If it didnt, surely the client would not work either

We still don't know what the problem is!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Its Ad with dns so is there problem with it?

Comment

But WHAT PROBLEM ARE YOU ACTUALLY GETTING?
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

I am unable to use internet on sever but using same settig net is working on nodes

Comment

OK, so you cannot access the internet
                  What browser are you using?
                  What error are you getting?
                  What OS are your clients?
                  Have you changed the default security settings on Server 2008 (which normally do a fairly good job of making web access difficult)?
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Im using ie , disabled firewall also ,also uninstalled Antivirus but same problem

Comment

And for about the 5th time in this thread, can you please tell us the actual ERROR you are getting?
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

No error message. also i m unable to pin to any website like google

Comment

You must get SOME error message
                          What happens after the page times out? Post a screen shot (jpg)

Can you browse ANY sites at all?

What do you mean "unable to pin" any web site?

Separately, can you (as previously requested) post the results of IPCONFIG/ALL from both the server and a working client PC
                          Also tell us how you are connecting to the internet

What happens when you PING
                          a) localhost
                          b) default gateway
                          c) external site by name
                          d) external site by IP
                          (give results both from the server and a client)
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

As it's a DC with DNS installed, the server's TCP/IP properties should point to 127.0.0.1 for DNS. The clients should all point to the server, not the router. The router's IP address should be the default gateway. In DNS on the DC, enter your ISP's DNS server IP addresses as forwarders.
                            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                              As it's a DC with DNS installed, the server's TCP/IP properties should point to 127.0.0.1 for DNS. The clients should all point to the server, not the router. The router's IP address should be the default gateway. In DNS on the DC, enter your ISP's DNS server IP addresses as forwarders.
                              This is not meant to come across bad an i apologise now if it does but i hate walking into server rooms and seeing 127.0.0.1 as the primary DNS server.

I'd much prefer to see that actual IP address used and always change it when i see it.

As i said i apologise if it is taken wrongly it is not meant to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X