Drive C: Free Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive C: Free Space

I have a few Windows 2008 Servers which love to eat free drive space. One server has 3.65/34.1GB free space left.

The server has Arcserver, is a Domain Controller and has McAffee *Spit* installed. Not a great deal.

Disk cleanup doesn't really help. The biggest folder is as always with Windows 2008 the winsxs folder at 9.36GB.

Can anyone advise on any way to get some space back? Windows is eating itself alive.
    Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Re: Drive C: Free Space

Have you moved updates out of c:\windows?
    Moved swap file to d:

IMHO Server 2008 really needs a 100Gb OS partition
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The swap file is still on C:. I guess that will free up 4GB of data if I move it.
      Not sure how I go about moving the updates?
      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Have you tried treesize?
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Well I just downloaded it. Quite a nice program, just proves to me that Windows is one hungry OS.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X