Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server RAM, CPU usage

Dear Every Body,
    Do you know the software that can monitor RAM, CPU usage of File Server(Windows 2008 R2) and when if it reach CPU or RAM high Usage, it will alert us to know about this.
    Thanks

Perfmon (built into the Windows OS) will do all of this - with a bit of tweaking for the mail alerts
    SCOM will do a better job, but $$$
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I got that Sir,
      So by relying perfmon, we need to monitor it at least 2 times day to avoid of third party software .
      Thanks

Comment

??? Not sure where 2 times a day came from - you schedule alerts to fire when conditions you specify (e.g. high CPU) arise. The alert can run a program (script) to e.g. fire off a more detailed data collector set and notify an operator by email.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am sorry Dear Mr.Ossian, for poor Explaining and English!
          I mean beside third party software to manage elert of CPU RAM high usage, we still have Service built up with Windows called Perrmon. With Perfomon,we can't set it up Automactic a lert to us only monitor it by manual every day at least two or three time.

Best regards,

Comment

Automate Perfmon Collection
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

No, you can set Perfmon to generate alerts and send you an email - you do NOT need to monitor it regularly:
              https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2424491

Thanks, Chris - you beat me to it...
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Thanks, Chris - you beat me to it...
                You can than Ian Somnia for that. Click image for larger version

Name:	sheepcount.gif
Views:	4
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	493710
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X