Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Log On To restriction

Hello,

We use Windows Server 2008 and Exchange Server 2007 servers.
    We have ActiveSync policy on Exchange, it is assigned to the user, and he/she can sync between smartphone and mailbox. Everything goes fine.
    I set up log on restriction on Windows Server 2008
    - Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in
    - right-click the user who I want to assign to a restriction, and then click Properties
    - Account tab
    - Log On To... button

I give the computer wher the user can log on, after then the sync between mailbox and smartphone does not work.

How can set up user log on restriction (log on restrict to specified computer) and smartphone sync?

Thank you.

Are there any events recorded on the Exchange server or the client PC that might give a clue as to what is happening to block the Sync?
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Nothing relevant.

Comment

To confirm: when the AD user account properties does NOT limit which PC that person can log into, ActiveSync works for that person; but when the AD user account properties DOES limit which PC the user can log into, and that is the same PC the user logged into previously, then ActiveSync for that user stops working?

Since the ActiveSync app works between the Exchange Server and the client smartphone device, regardless of which PC the user logs into, try adding the Exchange server name to the list of PCs the user can log into, then try that user once more. If there's an authentication issue for ActiveSync to work, and it only works from the Exchange server, then the user shouldn't be blocked from logging in to the server. When you permit a user to only log into a specific PC, that's what may be blocking the ActiveSync process.
        *RicklesP*

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Yes, ActiveSync does not working when I limit user to PC.
          I will add Exchange server and try what will happen.

Comment

I have add Exchange server to the list of PCs where the user can log into and it is solved my problem.
            Thank you RicklesP.

Comment

Glad to hear back that it's working!
              *RicklesP*

Comment

Working...
              X