Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Computer can't connect to the remote server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Computer can't connect to the remote server.

Hello all, I need your help
    I'm unable to log into my server. It is a HP Prolient DL 360 G5 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. When I try to log in using Terminals 3.6.0, the below message is displayed.

When I try to access the server through Remote Desktop Connection, The below screen just hangs there forever with no results.

Also, I can't even access the server when I plug in a monitor directly to the machine. I tested the monitor and it definitely works but when plugged into my Prolient DL 360 G5, nothing is displayed, stays black. This is a big deal for me. I can ping the server with no problem as you can see below.

I can also access all the files on that server when I type in the server name in the File Explorer (\\<server name>\C$)

What is going on? Why is this happening?

Is Remote Desktop enabled on the server??

Comment

This is a new issue that came up today, yesterday I was able to access it perfectly fine. When I right click on the server and enable RDP, it tells me that it has been already enabled.

Yesterday when I left work it was working fine, This morning I can not access it.

Comment

Sounds as if some service has stopped (no local or remote access)
        Can you do a shutdown from a remote machine (shutdown -m servername IIRC), if not, a hard shutdown and reboot may be your only option

Do you have iLO or similar to get low level access to it?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I can do a shutdown after business hours, which will be in about an hour. Would I type in the 'shutdown -m (servername) IIRC' into my command prompt? is it safe to just press the power button on the server itself and shut it down that way?

Comment

You can press the power button, but that will crash the server
            shutdown -m <name of your server> -r
            will attempt a proper restart, or use -s for a proper shutdown
            (The IIRC was not part of the command)
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Tom, do the HPs have a setting where you can direct it to do a clean shutdown if you press the Power Button? I know my Acer did, Dells and of course my laptop if it is configured in the Power Options. Did have one that didn't, hence my question.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X