Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS Web Access failing from outside network on vista/7 (Was: Mr Steven Veljanovski)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Web Access failing from outside network on vista/7 (Was: Mr Steven Veljanovski)

When I use my windows xp pc (with internet explorer v8 128bit) I can connect to TS Web Access Server but it fails when I use a Vista or Windows 7 PC. Instead of seeing usual menu with app selection, I am automatically re-directed to microsoft iis website (first you see the iis7 logo). It looks like the server is completetly bypassed? The strange thing is, I can connect using a tablet device running Vista but not from laptop running vista. We are using Geotrust certficate and this is installed on all pc's. Please advise on possible cause.
    Last edited by Stevenvel; 30th July 2010, 05:57.

Re: TS Web Access failing from outside network on some computers

What address are you using to connect?

Title changed to something vaguely meaningful
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: TS Web Access failing from outside network on vista/7 (Was: Mr Steven Veljanovski

When you say "microsoft iis" website, you probably mean the root holding page for an IIS install.

Sounds like an address issue to me. Are you sure you are not putting in the server address root in the browser and not the TS gateway address?

maybe someone else has set this up previously and you have some dodgy host entries in your hosts file? (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc).

Ping the site from each machine and make sure it comes back with the same IP. On a working machine, make a note of the full URL in the address bar and put that URL into a non working machine.

Ste
      Steven Roberts
      IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Re: TS Web Access failing from outside network on vista/7 (Was: Mr Steven Veljanovski

You are right, someone did set this up previously and beacuse of other issues on server, in the process of trying to resolve the issue some thing has changed.
        I have pinged the site from each machine and noted reply from same ip.
        I checked hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc) and can't see anything apart from default system entries.
        On a working machine, I made a note of the full URL in the address bar and put that URL into a non working machine. This prompted me to install Remote Desktop Services ActiveX Client from Microsoft (which is what I expected from non-working machine) and I have been able to connect!!
        The difference in URL's that I have noted is that:
        working machine had remote.xxx.domainname/TS/en-US/Default.aspx
        whereas the machine failing only had remote.xxx.domainname
        Thank you very much for your post!
        Can you advise what I need to do so that the original short form URL can be used (remote.xxx.domainname) again on all computers?

Comment

I would have a look at IIS and maybe match it up with a known good IIS. If you can't see anything to change then you can find out where the users that can't connect are getting to, and then use a /redirect in IIS to the correct level of the site.

The following link shows you how to do it for OWA, but the same rules apply.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../aa998359.aspx

Ste
          Steven Roberts
          IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Re: TS Web Access failing from outside network on some computers

Because of restriction (this is my first post) I cannot provide full URL but you can get a fairly clear indication from my previous reply.

Comment

Generally TS web access is found at ;

myserver.com/ts

If this address works and you host no other websites on this box, you can change the default page to redirect to /ts by using the OWA link below.
              Steven Roberts
              IT Mercenary

Comment

Thanks, I will look in to this.

Comment

Working...
                X