Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with understanding group policy for trusted site

Hi all,

I need to add a trused site to all users in the domain. - what better way to do it then group policies. I know where I need to go but I really need some help to understand how does it work.

does anyone has an example or can help me with that?

Thank you
    Avi

Re: Need help with understanding group policy for trustted site

Sorry, I do not understand.
    Do you want to know how to do it using group policies?
    or do you want to do it without group policies?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Need help with understanding group policy for trustted site

I think I get a grasp of the question.

I believe this is done by adding the trusted site into IE from the computer you are going to edit the GPO from, and then when you go into the group policy it propagates from that location.

It is really straight forward once you actually go into the location in the GPO and try and add the site.

Have I got the right end of the stick?

Ste
      Steven Roberts
      IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Re: Need help with understanding group policy for trusted site

Hi all,

Thank you for your reply.

Ste - I understand what you are saying but there are a lot of settings that we need to chagne to the laptops and not to the server, therefore when changing the GPO it will take the server settings. - still confused but getting better.

Do I need to set it up from my laptop? If yes how do I do it so it will affect the OU GPO?

Ossian - sorry for the confusion, yes I want to know how to do it with Group polices.

Thanks
        Avi

Comment

Working...
        X