Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to setup the server 2008 Firewall in order to connect MS CRM 4.0 machine via IE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to setup the server 2008 Firewall in order to connect MS CRM 4.0 machine via IE

I have a small network connected by EDIMAX router.
    I also have a static IP. The router is connected via L2TP and get the static IP via the ISP

I've installed server 2008 enterprise R2 (a strong machine with two XEON processors and 8GB Ram memory) running roles: AD, DNS, Hyper V

And I've set up a virtual server with the same operating system (128GB HD, and 2GB Ram memory OS 2008 R2) running roles: AD (DC added to the Domain forest), IIS, FILE SERVER

I've installed on the Virtual machine - SQL SERVER 2008 and MS CRM 4.0
    And they are seems to work properly.
    Microsoft CRM was installed on the IIS Port: 5555

when I turn off the FireWall I have an access to the CRM from a local station
    and when I turn it on the CRM is blocked.
    1. How do I define a FIREWALL a role to open port 5555? What are the parameters to be defined?

2. How do I open the router/server to be accessed by REMOTE
    DESKTOP from a remote station?

3. I'm getting the failures error codes:
    in the VM
    - Active Directory: error 2087
    - FILE SERVER: error 5008

in the Parent Server
    - Hyper V: error 14050
    What can I do in order to fix the failures?
    Attached Files

Re: how to setup the server 2008 Firewall in order to connect MS CRM 4.0 machine via

Originally posted by eliran291 View Post
    I have a small network connected by EDIMAX router.

I also have a static IP. The router is connected via L2TP and get the static IP via the ISP

I've installed server 2008 enterprise R2 (a strong machine with two XEON processors and 8GB Ram memory) running roles: AD, DNS, Hyper V

And I've set up a virtual server with the same operating system (128GB HD, and 2GB Ram memory OS 2008 R2) running roles: AD (DC added to the Domain forest), IIS, FILE SERVER

I've installed on the Virtual machine - SQL SERVER 2008 and MS CRM 4.0
    And they are seems to work properly.
    Microsoft CRM was installed on the IIS Port: 5555

when I turn off the FireWall I have an access to the CRM from a local station
    and when I turn it on the CRM is blocked.
    1. How do I define a FIREWALL a role to open port 5555? What are the parameters to be defined?

2. How do I open the router/server to be accessed by REMOTE
    DESKTOP from a remote station?

3. I'm getting the failures error codes:
    in the VM
    - Active Directory: error 2087
    - FILE SERVER: error 5008

in the Parent Server
    - Hyper V: error 14050
    What can I do in order to fix the failures?

Checked your EDIMAX router configurations, from there u can enable ports you want.

Remote Desktop from a remote, maybe you would need a port forwarding first on your router pointed to your RAS/VPN server....

Comment

Re: how to setup the server 2008 Firewall in order to connect MS CRM 4.0 machine via

This thread has nothing to do with Hyper-V...
      Moved to Windows Server 2008 forum ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X