Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I change the passwords for the server\administrator account

Hi all,

I can access the domain controller and servers using the domain administrator account:
    domain\administrator,
    I am unable to access the local machine using server\administrator account. The IT consultant (be be struck by lightning) can’t remember the passwords for the server\administrator account for the servers. I need access to the “local machine” at time and therefore I need to login to the servers using the server\administrator account as to using domain\administrator account.
    I entered the local GP but that only change the administrator account password which is the
    Domain\administrator account
    How can I change the passwords for the server\administrator account?

Thank you for your time and help
    Avi

Re: How can I change the passwords for the server\administrator account

Does the domain admin account have admin rights to the server? If so, go to computer management and reset the local admin password.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How can I change the passwords for the server\administrator account

A DC doesn't have local accounts on it (Not that we know if the OP is trying to get onto a DC).

You should be able to remotely do this using computer management if your account has the correct rights.

Comment

Working...
      X