DFS Replication Server 2008 R2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFS Replication Server 2008 R2

I installed a HP server running Server 2008 R2 in a SBS 2003 domain as a member server and everybody in the network accesses shared drives on the new server but when they access them it is real slow. The hp box has 12GB RAM and good CPUs. The shares were on the sbs 03 machine but I put all the shares on the server 08 machine except one. It takes like 45 seconds to open, close, and/or save a document from the shares. Both servers are plugged into the same switch it is just the 08 server that is having problems. I was reviewing the logs and found DFSR errors with event ids 1202 and 6012. Could this be my problem?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks Josh

Re: DFS Replication Server 2008 R2

SBS 2003 (even R2) does not support DFS-R, only FRS (as I found out recently to my great annoyance).
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Do you think it could be a setting within th NIC? Or something with IPv6? I am stumped on what to do now.

Comment

This link suggests it is the AD schema version:
        http://forums.techarena.in/windows-s...elp/462575.htm
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I read that but could this possibly be causing the slowness?

Comment

Working...
          X