Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable Security Audit Policies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I disable Security Audit Policies?

As a student, I'm trying to disable all Audit Policies in the Security Log of the Event Viewer, but unsuccessfully.

I have a DC and a virtual client. I configured all Audit Policy as "Not Auditing" under the Security Settings on the "Default Domain Policy" and on the "Default Domain Controllers Policy" and on the local "Local Security Settings". I also disabled all Audit policy on the local "local security settings" on the client. after all this I restarted the computer and I'm still getting hundreds of logs in the Security log on the Event Viewr on the DC. What did i do wrong?

Re: How do I disable Security Audit Policies?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=disable+%22Secu...22+Server+2008

First link, hope it helps.

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

Didn't help at all. anymore please?

Comment

What was the "first link" that didn't work - was it a TechNet article? The first result now is this thread

In any case, one thing to try would be gpupdate on both the client and the server. It takes up to 5 minutes for policy changes to be reflected on a DC - your reboot may have completed before the DC refreshed its set of policies. Since it's been considerably longer than that now though, try rebooting the client again and see if you still get "hundreds" of events.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          What was the "first link" that didn't work - was it a TechNet article? The first result now is this thread

In any case, one thing to try would be gpupdate on both the client and the server. It takes up to 5 minutes for policy changes to be reflected on a DC - your reboot may have completed before the DC refreshed its set of policies. Since it's been considerably longer than that now though, try rebooting the client again and see if you still get "hundreds" of events.
          It looks like no one asked my question ever

anyway still getting thousand of events

Comment

Working...
          X