Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child domain question

Hi all,

Just installed a child domain in a lab enviroment, and i can see it under "Domains and Trust" and i can change domain in "Users and Computers" but i wondered, should i not on the parent domain (Root Domain) be able to see child domains in users and computers or in the Server Manager?

Windows Server 2008 (not r2) 32bit

Maybe i should not be able to see it, but would like it confirmed.

Regards
    Rippie
    Last edited by Rippie; 19th July 2010, 17:24. Reason: font size change

Re: Child domain question

No, ADUC connects to one domain at a time
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ossian > Thank you for your reply. Is there any snap in that do what asked? thank you

Comment

Why not run MMC and add the snap in twice, once for each domain? Then once that's done, right click on each in the navigation pane and select "Connect to Domain".

That seems to work on 2003, I imagine it would also work on 2008.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X