Server Syntax Qery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Syntax Qery

Looking to perform the following in a Windows Server 2008 training excercise

1. Use the hostname command to find the name of the new domain controller.
    2. Use the netdom command to rename the domain controller from CHI-DC to CHI-DC2.
    3. Use the shutdown command to restart the domain controller.

Need the specific syntax for the command line.

Re: Server Syntax Qery

run each command with /? to get the help file and the full syntax

Note step 2 suggests you already have the answer to step 1
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

and if Ossian's information doesn't help you, then surely google would.

Although Iwould assume, in a training exercise, the training material would have covered this information. I know my experience of training exercises, it was always covered in the material.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

As long as you were awake!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

the moral to that is not to do training courses when you're doing an on-call week.. :P
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

And also that you can't get people on a forum to do your homework for you

Unless of course you simplify matters by giving us your tutor's email address so we can send your work directly to him for marking
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
            X