Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remoteapp folder redirection not working right.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remoteapp folder redirection not working right.

Hi,

We have remoteapp working on our windows 2008 R2 server. We have a few applications running so far. We just got office 2010 and have it installed but having one issue. Folder redirection does not work when I use the icon created by the MSI installer that I made using the remote app manager. But folder redirection does work if I use the .rdp file created using the remote app manager.

When I double click the icon made with the msi package the program will open just fine. When I go into the open dialog box my redirected drives are missing.
    Also when I click on a .xls file on my local machine it will open the remote desktop session but receive an error saying excel 2010 cannot be found.

When I double click the .rdp file I made it will open excel fine and my redirected drives are there. Once excel is open I click on the local .xls file it will open on the remote system.

Does anyone know why drives are not being redirected using the icon created by the msi installer package?

BTW. I am using windows xp sp3 with version 7.0 of the rdp client.

Thank for any help.
    Last edited by bmorency; 9th July 2010, 16:26. Reason: fixed spelling error

Re: remoteapp folder redirection not working right.

Hi,

Did you choose the option to associate local file extensions with the remote app during MSI creation?

Ste
    Steven Roberts
    IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Yes I did choose to option to associate the local file extensions. When I click on the .xls file it will open remoteapp instead of asking me what program to use. The icons on the .xls file are the 2010 icons from the server. When I open the properties of the xls file it says remote desktop conenction for "opens with". Also if I open the program using the .rdp icon first and double click my local xls file it will open on the sever.

Thank you.
      Last edited by bmorency; 9th July 2010, 13:30.

Comment

I have fixed the issue. I have recreated the MSI package and it is working now. Something might have happed the first time I created it.

Comment

Brilliant, this one was vexxing me all weekend

Ste
          Steven Roberts
          IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Working...
          X