Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape Drive Backup on Server 2008R2

Hi Friends,
    I'm here working on a domain environment with WinSvr 2008 R2 as PDC and WinSvr 2003STD as ADC.

Issue : In order to backup here we are using a HP DAT72 External USB device previously on server2003 machine . Now i've installed the device on 2008R2 server But, When I go to the Windows Server Backup option it doesn't have a Option to backup on Tape drive.

All I need now is to take Backup using Tape drive on the Server 2008R2 machine, If this is not possible on this OS please give your suggestions.

Waiting for your Reply/Suggestion ......

Naresh
    Regards,

Naresh

Re: Tape Drive Backup on Server 2008R2

Hi naresh

I know you can't backup on tape on server 2008. Not sure if they brought back this feature on server 2008 r2 though. In server 2008 you need third party products to backup to tape,server 2008's default backup does not support it

Comment

nope. must have 3rd party utility.

2008 and all varients there of will not let you back up to tape.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I Thank you people for your very valuable & timely suggestion.
        Regards,

Naresh

Comment

Backup Exec still supports tape drives, but IMHO their day is long past and external HDDs (USB, Firewire or eSATA) are the way to go
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X