WDS captured images not listing at client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDS captured images not listing at client

Not sure if it's ok to mix the troubles, but maybe it's all related.
    I've searched the forum and found this - "WDS captured images not listing at client" (foeum doesn't let me insert a link), it's closed though
    I've got somewhat like the problem discussed there, but with a new flavor.

I've got Win2k8R2 WDS and a single Win2k3 domain (prepped for 2k8R2 and with both 2k3 and 2k8R2 DC's).
    On just any machine (physical or VM) I can perfectly well install OS from image copied from DVD (tried 2k8R2 and Win7Ent). But when it comes to images captured using WDS, they aren't listed on clients. I've checked the console (image is online) and share/NTFS permissions - they are the same for all images (Admins - full control, Auth - Read&Exec).

Am I missing smth?

Re: WDS on 2008 R2

Originally posted by Shinobi View Post
    Not sure if it's ok to mix the troubles
    Rule 14 suggests not...
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      Rule 14 suggests not...
      That's why I asked. Will start a new thread - can't delete the post though, will have to wait for a moderator to clean up

Comment

A moderator will most likely move the post to a new thread in due course.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: WDS captured images not listing at client

Shinobi, if you want a different Title, please suggest it and it can be changed. As Gareth has pointed out, ALWAYS start a new thread even if your problem is the same as one that has already been posted.

Thanks.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X