• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Failover Cluster Node / Blue Screen

Hello everyone ,

Lattly i encounter this problem :

What i have :

Hardware:

2 x HS 22 Blade in a Blade Center(32 GB RAM) + a DS3400 Storadge .

Software :

Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 + FailOver Cluster Feature

Both of the nodes act as part of the Failover Cluster but from time to time (almost daily) , one of them restarts and we have a downtime of 5 min until all the Virtal Machines that we have installed move to other node.Its preatty annoying.
    I created a CD with all HS 22 Updates , bios , firmwire and apply them and still nothing.

What i assume might be the problem

Error LOG : Source: VMSMP event ID 28

I see a lot of error for Port 'D32287CE-C697-4C3D-AE7A-45372B69086E' was prevented from using MAC address '00-21-5E-98-36-34' because it is pinned to port 'CDF395D8-1A31-4FC9-9062-9CAFB145F8DA'.

I check out the Mac adresses and aparently one of the two Nodes and the HyperVCluster has same MAC adresses.
    It happen before but not with the nodes instead with the virtual machines even thou in the Virtual Machine Manager i set the IP range to be on Dinamic.

In the event log in the System i can see almost every 1 min same Warning.
    I also must mention that we are curently having 15 machines running in that environment.I will atach the blue screen.

I check the net , googled a lot and i still cant fix my error.
    If you need the dmp file or anything pls tell me
    Thank you very much ,

P.S. Sry if this should be in the Virtualization area , but im not sure its a HyperV error after all.
    Last edited by bnoyzf24; 28th June 2010, 08:11.

Re: Problem with Failover Cluster Node / Blue Screen

blue screen!
    Attached Files

Comment

seen this ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955076
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hello ,
        I think that fix is only for 2008 server and not 2008 R2.
        Or am i wrong?
        Thanks

Comment

Correct, but might give you a starting point for a solution...
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

when i want to ask that hotfix from MS i get a window , and there are 2 fixes both for Vista OS.

Comment

The link, plus a further link, refer to Vista / 2008. One would hope it has been fixed in R2 but the links plus the explanation of the possible issue may help you get further
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I wasn't giving you a hard and fast packaged solution, that I installed and configured for you.

I was giving you a pointer towards resources that may help you.
                I prefer to try and help and support people, rather than give them answers.
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X