No announcement yet.

Simple Question about ADPREP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Question about ADPREP

We need to update our primary domain controller to 2008 in preparation to move to R2. I have read through the information and have done ADPREP from 2000 to 2003 without much of a problem. My question it:

When I sysprep the current AD, will it force the password policies to change or will they leave them in tact?

I know our current password policies need to be strengthened, but I don't want an upgrade to dictate that at this time. Anyone? Thanks -B

Re: Simple Question about ADPREP

ok - you need to do an update to 2008 as well, not just 2003.

It will not update your password policies. I assume you're referring to the new password policy options where you can have multiple password policies ? (PSOs i think they are)

and I assume when you said "sysprep" you meant adprep
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Simple Question about ADPREP

All ADPREP does is to update the AD Schema, givning you the potential to do new things (once you have deployed Server 2008 DCs)
      It does not set or unset any policy settings
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **