Applying user settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying user settings

When I log into my Active Directory Domain with my Administrator account it takes a very long time. First 30s on the "Welcome" screen, and after this 1min "Applying user settings".

I have already tried some things like:
    - checking nameserver
    - checking roaming profiles (is disabled for the administrator account)
    - deleting logs in the event viewer

Other ideas?

Re: Applying user settings

Are you at the same site as your domain controller?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Does this affect other accounts as well?

Does this account have any logon scripts configured that could be running slowly for some reason?

Does this only occur when logging into a particular machine, or any machine?

Is/are that/those machine/machines clients (including member servers) or DCs?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Are you at the same site as your domain controller?
        No, I log in remote

Comment

So, how about some comprehensive information - what speed is the connection from your login point and what speed does the remote site have? Has it always been like this or did it work at an acceptable speed previously?

Anything in the logs of the client/DC/server to indicate a cause?
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
            Does this affect other accounts as well?

Does this account have any logon scripts configured that could be running slowly for some reason?

Does this only occur when logging into a particular machine, or any machine?

Is/are that/those machine/machines clients (including member servers) or DCs?

- There are no logon scripts;
            - It affects all the user accounts (also a clean fresh made user account);
            - It occures on any machine;
            - It takes the longest when I trie to log into the server (DC) remotely with my administrator account (1min30s)

Comment

Blood also asked some insightful questions that it might be helpful if you could answer.
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                Blood also asked some insightful questions that it might be helpful if you could answer.
                Sorry, I was not at the office the last couples of days.
                We've recently reboot the server and now the accounts log in as they should.
                Thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
                X