wds server capture image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wds server capture image

I have made a server08 capture image. I have a reference computer with server08 installed on it. Problem is that when I start my reference computer,it just boots up,and is not booting from network. I am using hyper-v. The settings of reference computer(on hyper v) says in bios that boot from legacy network adapter. So basically what is happening is that reference computer which I want to image(c drive), just boots up normally,does not see the capture boot image(as not able to boot from network) whereas If I made a new vm and choose from network boot,this new vm is able to see the "CAPTURE BOOT IMAGE" created.
    Please help,whats wrong specially when bios of reference computer says boot from legacy network adapter, what do I do to make reference computer to boot from network so it can see the CAPTURE BOOT IMAGE??

Re: wds server capture image

What exactly are you trying to do?
    Why do you expect the reference computer to boot from network?
    Do you have WDS, DHCP, AD servers on your network?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      What exactly are you trying to do?
      Why do you expect the reference computer to boot from network?
      Do you have WDS, DHCP, AD servers on your network?
      I just want to know that If I have already installed a vm os by cd iso.Then how to make this vm in hyper-v to boot from network ?

Comment

You failed to answer all the questions... But I already have new ones:
        1) Do you have a Legacy Network Adapter installed in your host?
        2) Is it connected to the same network the WDS server is in?
        3) Do you have WDS, DHCP, AD servers on your network? (from the last post, you did not answer it ...)

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          You failed to answer all the questions... But I already have new ones:
          1) Do you have a Legacy Network Adapter installed in your host?
          2) Is it connected to the same network the WDS server is in?
          3) Do you have WDS, DHCP, AD servers on your network? (from the last post, you did not answer it ...)

Yes, The boot order of the vm is legacy network adapter first

it is connected to same network as the wds(its a test lab on one 2008 host server)

Yes,wds,dhcp,ad is there,

when I make a new vm with no os and choose the option to install it from network,then it perfectly sees the capture boot image,but problem is with the vm machine that I installed not from wds rather using the iso image.this vm machine is the reference computer that i want to image capture,but problem is I am not able to boot it from network which is must for it to see the capture boot image prepared for imaging it using wds

Please help,so basically question is how to boot a already installed os vm by network in hyper-v(boot from legacy adapter is already in first place in boot configuration of vm properties)

Comment

Working...
          X