Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop User (Calls)

Dear,

I have a Windows Server 2008 and in the beginning we were connected with three persons true RDP. Through circumstances we need to logon with 5 persons.
    So i have buy RDP licenties 5 Calls. I Have installed Therminal Server and i can see 5 User CALs.

But still we can not connect 5times.

1 user connect to VPN and afterwords to RDP.

The 4 Different users on a normal RDP connections.

Please any one have a tip?

Re: Remote Desktop User (Calls)

What exactly is the problem you're seeing - we know that you can't have all 5 users connected at once but we don't know what happens when you try.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

my understanding of the problem is that you have a requirement to have up to 5 users connected to RDP at any one time, however at the moment, only 3 users are able connect at any one time. You have purchased more licenses to resolve this situation.

While purchasing additional CALs is part of the solution, the correct resolution is actually a technical configuration matter.

You currently have Remote Desktop configured in "Remote Administration" mode. To have more than 3 remote users connected at once, you must use Terminal Services instead of RemoteAdministration.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        my understanding of the problem is that you have a requirement to have up to 5 users connected to RDP at any one time, however at the moment, only 3 users are able connect at any one time. You have purchased more licenses to resolve this situation.

While purchasing additional CALs is part of the solution, the correct resolution is actually a technical configuration matter.

You currently have Remote Desktop configured in "Remote Administration" mode. To have more than 3 remote users connected at once, you must use Terminal Services instead of RemoteAdministration.
        Yes i think we have done that.

Here you can see a screenshot of that.

Already thank you guys for helping me.

Greatz Steven

Comment

ok - force your users to log off instead of leaving idle and/or disconnected sessions ?

There area 5 sessions there that I can see - 3 of them are idle/disconnected.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
            ok - force your users to log off instead of leaving idle and/or disconnected sessions ?

There area 5 sessions there that I can see - 3 of them are idle/disconnected.
            Ok yes.

can i make that when they close a session they automatic log out? What about license? I buy 5 users extra and i have 3 from windows, i need to have 8 cals, No??

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Please see attached JPG image.
              I got here by going to start > administrative tools > terminal services > terminal services configuration (Rather than "manager" your screen shot shows)

Once there, I selected RDP-TCP01 (or whatever it's called) and right clicked to select properties.

You could also enforce this using group policy.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks tehcamel,

I have changed some values.

I hope it is fix.

Comment

One more question. If i buy 5 Cals i need to have 8 dont I?

Comment

If you buy 5, then you have 5... where do the extra 3 come from?
                    Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                      If you buy 5, then you have 5... where do the extra 3 come from?
                      From Windows. Before we have buy the CALs we were possible to connect with 3 persons. Now still today we can only connect with 3 persons at the same time.

We have test it.
                      2 People were connected and my colleague was on site connected as administrator. When i try to log in i have this screen.

Comment

I suspect you were connecting in Remote Administration mode before, which allows 3 sessions. Those aren't CALs - it's intended to be used for administration of the server only.
                        Gareth Howells

Comment

I suspect you were connecting in Remote Administration mode before, which allows 3 sessions. Those aren't CALs - it's intended to be used for administration of the server only.
                          Yes, Administrators.

Stil strange i only can enter with 3 person. You have any idee?

Comment

As suggested, have you confirmed that you've switched the server from Remote Administration mode to Terminal Services mode? Installing TS and the CALs won't do that for you, as far as I'm aware.
                            Gareth Howells

Comment

As suggested, have you confirmed that you've switched the server from Remote Administration mode to Terminal Services mode? Installing TS and the CALs won't do that for you, as far as I'm aware.
                              We have installed TS. I dont know of we switch from administrator mode to terminal service mode.
                              How can i see that?

Comment

Working...
                              X