Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS2k8 R2 DNS EventID 4512

Hi,

I just added newly DC WS2k8 R2 in to child domain (this domain has 1 DC WS2k)

Before, in child domain, forward lookup zone has 2 zone:
    + Primary zone: DNS zone for child domain
    + Secondary zone: DNS zone for refer parent domain.

After I promote new WS2k8 R2, it was not automatically create secondary zone as old server. I saw only Primary zone in forward lookup zone

And DNS is abnormal,

** I run nslookup in new DC, it shows error:

C:\>nslookup ipaddress

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
    Server: UnKnown
    Address: ::1

Name: PC name
    Address: ipaddress

** DNS Event log:

EventID: 4512 (many times)
    The DNS server was unable to create the built-in directory partition DomainDnsZones.cvn-cad.cvn.canon.co.jp. The error was 9906.

EventID: 4015 (1 time)

The DNS server has encountered a critical error from the Active Directory. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly. The extended error debug information (which may be empty) is "00002106: SvcErr: DSID-07020405, problem 5005 (UNABLE_TO_PROCEED), data 0". The event data contains the error.

What is the problem of DNS in new server? I check DNS in old server is still normal.

Re: WS2k8 R2 DNS EventID 4512

1. Actually I found the DNS resolve name error is not related with the EventID 4512 or 4015.

C:\>nslookup ipaddress

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
    Server: UnKnown
    Address: ::1

Name: PC name
    Address: ipaddress
    I checked and found that in Internet Protocol v6 (TCP/IP), it has default setting for DNS server address is ::1.

I changed to "Optain DNS server address automatically". And I can resolve by name or IP normal.

2. Regarding EventID 4512 & 4015, someone said: To solve this warning message I should transfer domain naming master role to new server.

However, in my forest, Domain naming master is holded by Primary Domain Controller in parent domain. My new DC in child domain and near future, we have plan to upgrade all DC in both child domain and parent domain become WS2k8.

So should I transfer this role now or wait after all DCs become WS2k8?

Comment

Re: WS2k8 R2 DNS EventID 4512

::1 is TCP/IP v6's loopback address I believe.

Comment

Working...
      X