Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem to add SCP for Terminal Server Licensing in Windows Server 2008 R2 as Admin.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem to add SCP for Terminal Server Licensing in Windows Server 2008 R2 as Admin.

Hi All,

I'm having problem in my last step of installing the licensing service for my current Windows Server 2008R2,
    it gives me an error message with Event ID 85, see the attached error message,

I've logged in as DOMAIN\Administrator but still I cannot register this terminal server ?
    Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Licensing/Admin
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Licensing
    Date: 23/03/2010 4:01:12 PM
    Event ID: 85
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords:
    User: NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: TermServ01.domain.com
    Description:
    The Remote Desktop license server could not be registered as a service connection point in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). Ensure that there is network connectivity between the license server and AD DS. To register the license server as a service connection point in AD DS, use Review Configuration in the RD Licensing Manager tool.
    ################################################## #########################
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager
    Date: 20/05/2010 4:56:03 PM
    Event ID: 1067
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Description:
    The terminal server cannot register 'TERMSRV' Service Principal Name to be used for server authentication. The following error occured: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation.
    ################################################## #########################
    Date: 20/05/2010 1:31:51 PM
    Event ID: 38
    Description:
    The Remote Desktop license server cannot issue a Remote Desktop Services client access license (RDS CAL) to the client because of following error: Can't create certificate context, error 0.
    Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AWT
    Attached Files

Re: Problem to add SCP for Terminal Server Licensing in Windows Server 2008 R2 as Adm

Date: 20/05/2010 12:15:34 PM
    Event ID: 8195
    Level: Warning
    Description:
    The computer account for the Remote Desktop license server could not be added to the Terminal Server License Servers group in Active Directory Domain Services during the installation of RD Licensing. The action failed with Win32 error code 0x80072020.

I've gone through this link before: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...15(WS.10).aspx but still it failed to add the SCP ?

in the AD Sites and Services | Sites | Default-First-Site-Name here is the value:

Licensing Site Settings: DC01 (domain controller which also host terminal server 2003 for my TS CAL 2003)
    TS-Enterprise-License-Server: TERMSERV01 (self hosting of TS CAL 2008 and the TS 2008 itself).
    Last edited by Albertwt; 20th May 2010, 14:10.

Comment

Re: Problem to add SCP for Terminal Server Licensing in Windows Server 2008 R2 as Adm

ok, the solution is to add the SCP manually from:
      Code:
      http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775361(WS.10).aspx
      and this is the most important note: After you have successfully registered the SPN, you might see that Event ID 1067 is still being logged, stating that the terminal server cannot register the SPN. You can ignore Event ID 1067 in those cases.

yes the connection is working fine but the error still logged in the Event viewer

Comment

Working...
      X