Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand-Alone SSL certificate setup IIS7 Windows Server 2008

Hello,

I am searching for help with setting up a Stand-Alone root certificate in IIS 7. I have a windows server 2008 machine running IIS 7 with one website. The machine has a public ip address assigned to it but that's it. Before, in Windows Server 2003 I could create a stand-alone cert with the public ip address as the Common Name, transfer the root certificate to the connecting server and place it in the Trusted Root Certificate bin and I was able to connect just fine.
    I have installed AD CS and created the root certificate with the public ip address as the CN on the windows server 2008 machine. I have also created the bindings and enabled "Require SSL connection" but after transferring the root cert over to the client machine I am unable to use SSL to connect to the website. ("Page cannot be displayed error") The website is able to be browsed via port 80 if SSL is not enabled.

Does anyone have a step by step instruct on how to create a stand-alone certificate in IIS7 using a public ip address as the common name for the cert?

Thank you for all your support.

GK
Working...
X