Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to update DMZ Windows Server box with no connection to internet ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to update DMZ Windows Server box with no connection to internet ?

Hi All,

I’d like to know how do you implement Automated Windows server updates if your DMZ Windows box doesn’t have access to the internet but only have access to production site and to your LAN only.

I tried to remove the proxy server information from my Windows Server 2008 R2 internet settings but it seems that I cannot get it updated automatically from WSUS?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    AWT

Re: How to update DMZ Windows Server box with no connection to internet ?

use gpedit.msc on the dmz server to configure your WSUS settings to point to you local WSUS server.

article below explains

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx
    Last edited by hazey; 18th May 2010, 06:47.

Comment

Originally posted by hazey View Post
      use gpedit.msc on the dmz server to configure your WSUS settings to point to you local WSUS server.
      ah yes, that'd be great hazey, thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

This link gives the registry settings to point non-domain members at a WSUS server:
        http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kba...Workgroup.html
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Albertwt View Post
          ah yes, that'd be great hazey, thanks for your suggestion.

no worries, we do this on a few machines that i refuse to put onto production domain (pabx management, building management stuff) mind you i found some of these by accident so there was quite a lot of updates required on some (135 was the record from memory)

Comment

Working...
          X