Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Terminal Server 2008 R2 production access monitoring

Hi All,

I'd like to know how do you implement user monitoring and logging for security of production server access ?

I'm now using Windows Server 2008 R2 Terminal Server that is connected to the production network and I wonder if there is any built in features that can be used for legal compliance (access log or triggered access control alert) ?

3rd party application is also fine if it can do the security monitoring as well.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Suggestion for Terminal Server 2008 R2 production access monitoring

There's a great third-party tool that our own Daniel Petri masterminds called Observe-IT. Take a look and see if it fits. You can read Daniel's own review of it here. I think there's a free lite version that offered to Petri forum members, but I can't find the link.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
      There's a great third-party tool that our own Daniel Petri masterminds called Observe-IT. Take a look and see if it fits. You can read Daniel's own review of it here. I think there's a free lite version that offered to Petri forum members, but I can't find the link.
      wow thanks man, this is just what I'm looking for.

i think the Express edition is free for all

and of course it would be nice if there is special edition for this forum members too.

Comment

Okay, maybe the lite version is now open for everyone. I seem to recall that there was a lite version for Petri members... but I could be mistaken. Glad it worked out for you!
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
          Okay, maybe the lite version is now open for everyone. I seem to recall that there was a lite version for Petri members... but I could be mistaken. Glad it worked out for you!
          yeah, I'm a happy man now

i just need to monitor one server only but the freeware give me 5 instead

Cheers,

AWT

Comment

Working...
          X