Problem Installing Win Server 2008 in Dell PowerEdge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Installing Win Server 2008 in Dell PowerEdge

Hi, i'm having some difficulty installing server 2008 64bit on a poweredge R410server. It goes through the motions using the Dell Systems manamagemtn tools and documentation DVD and i have configured RAID etc as required but then when it re-boots and goes into the windows setup where it asks for the Server 2008 media it reads the media, see's it's a valid media and then comes up with an error message - The file Autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0xc1]. And then all i can do is power off the server. I have tried a couple of dics and the same happens. If i then just boot the server from the server 2008 disc and attempt the install that way it does then load into the 2008 setup but it then propmpts me to install drivers for the cd/dvd drive - i point it to the PERC drivers or any driver that i downloaded form dell suupport, i have on a USB drive which it see's fine but then comes up and says no other devices found as if it's not seeing the actual hard drives and won't let me do anymore. WOuld really appreciate any help as it's driving me mad. Thanks in advance. And Dell has no answer for me.

Mods Please Move if OT
    Ronuel
    MCP
    There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...

Re: Problem Installing Win Server 2008 in Dell PowerEdge

where did you obtain the 2008 Media from?

It may be a dodgy burn.. ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

My boss actually gave it to me in iso file. I already burned another copy but same result.
      Ronuel
      MCP

Comment

do you have a spare machine you could try that 2008 disk on ?
        doesn't matterif it's an old desktop - we simply need to find out if the burn is working, or if the same problem exists..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I already tried it on spare machines. BUt this problem is what i get.

"If i then just boot the server from the server 2008 disc and attempt the install that way it does then load into the 2008 setup but it then prompts me to install drivers for the cd/dvd drive - i point it to the drivers or any driver that i downloaded for the specific Desktop, i have on a USB drive which it see's fine but then comes up and says no other devices found as if it's not seeing the actual hard drives and won't let me do anymore.
          Ronuel
          MCP

Comment

You will need to find RAID/SATA drivers for the MoBo, or set the BIOS to be in "normal" not RAID mode
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Did your manager checked the MD5 hash from his download?
              Microsoft provides this when you download an ISO file.
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

@ Ossian - I already downloaded and tried to install all the drivers provide by dell for PEr410 but it always say no device driver located something like that.

@Dumber - I actually dont know sir

Update: 05152010
                I downloaded a trial form microsoft just to isolate which is really casuing the problem.Because I dont want my boss to Think im the One who is having a problem. I installed the trial and it worked without any problem I am so happy.. So I told my boss I think its the media that he gave that has a problem.Thanks Guys for the constant support..
                Ronuel
                MCP

Comment

Working...
                X