Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote clients unable to login to OWA using the remote URL

Hi there
    This is probably a simple question to answer for you guys!
    I have a server running SBS2008 with exchange. When I try to log in remotely using the "remote.domainname.co.uk/owa" it cannot find the site.
    However if I use the WAN IP address of the router which has the routing set up in it I can access OWA without any problems.
    Im thinking it is a DNS problem not resolving the name properly but am a bit green on these things.
    Any help would be appriciated.

Re: remote clients unable to login to OWA using the remote URL

You will need to set up a record in your external DNS to map remote.domainname.co.uk to your IP address

You probably already have this set up for mail.domainname.co.uk so you could try using that
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: remote clients unable to login to OWA using the remote URL

Thanks for that it works fine now

Cheers

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      You will need to set up a record in your external DNS to map remote.domainname.co.uk to your IP address

You probably already have this set up for mail.domainname.co.uk so you could try using that

Comment

Working...
      X