RRAS VPN Server with DHCP Relay not forwarding default gateway to clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRAS VPN Server with DHCP Relay not forwarding default gateway to clients

We have a Windows 2008 R2 server configured (default configuration) in a DMZ as follows:
    Default communication protocol: SSTP
    3rd Party SSL certificate configured on IIS and I am not using a self signed certificate
    Server is joined to the domain. Incoming and outgoing filters are enabled on RRAS (default rules)
    Server is acting as a DHCP relay (DHCP server 10.1.1.20-Windows 2008 R2 server)

External NIC:

Internal:
    No Gateway

The connecting client is from a Windows 7 OS which supports SSTP connections. The client connects fine and gets an IP.
    The issue we are having is the famous default gateway issue when the client connects. The default gateway appears as "Default Gateway 0.0.0.0"
    If i connect the user to the LAN it gets DHCP addresses with no issues including default gateway so internally DHCP is working fine.
    I have not changed or added any IP routes. Everything is pretty much default settings.

I "do not" want to uncheck the box on the client to force the client to use the local network it is connected to. I would like it to route all internet traffic through the VPN only.

Is this working as designed or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.
Working...
X