Need Help on How to delete the SID of an account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on How to delete the SID of an account

I need to delete the SID of an account in order to use that same user name for an email enabled group (Distribution list) How do I go about that?

Re: Need Help on How to delete the SID of an account

SID and name have nothing to do with each other
    Can you explain more what you are trying to do?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for your earlier post. The detailed problem: I have a user account which I now want to change its email address. I did that perfectly. Now I want to create a new distribution list using the previous email address. When I now send messages to that distribution list, it gets delivered into the older account. Is there a way I could remove that old email address link?... thank you

Comment

Mail disable the account, or change the email address and remove the old one
        What version of Exchange are you using?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X